Ignition Edge historian limitations

It's the platform price with no other modules. (Now $1,100, not $1,000.) You get a handful of OPC drivers, scripting, and databases. You would have to script everything that happens with your DBs.

Add Vision 1-client and you're at $3k. That makes an extremely capable alternative to a Panelview. (:

That's not a valid option, you can't buy the platform just by itself. You have to buy at least one other module, the cheapest of which is Opto22 snap pac driver.

I am doing this this Month, however rather than buying a random module just because it is the cheapest, I am buying 1 report license at 1/5th the cost of the listed price on the website.

You can't pick it from the pricing page any more, but I bet you can still buy it.

Incorrect. PM me your email and I will forward the email from IA sales rep (senior).

For posterity, you can only buy the "standard" (official term) platform by itself, if it is part of a scale-out architecture.

If this is a stand-alone instance, and the only one for that customer, then my advice regarding at least one other module, is correct.

2 Likes

I, admittedly, have not dissected this thread. However, there are significant changes to Edge licensing (The New Ignition Edge) this year. If struggling to pick between Full vs Edge for a local HMI, the decision should be a LOT easier now (hint: strongly consider Edge).
Edge licensing has been completely revamped. Some noteworthy bullet points I see:

• Edge Compute, Edge Sync Services, and Edge EAM — aren’t going anywhere. Instead, their features are being rolled into the New Edge IIoT and Edge Panel.
  • Ignition Edge Panel includes everything in Ignition Edge IIoT plus local visualization
  • Now includes unlimited tags and device connections for included drivers, the ability to run scripts, create REST APIs, synchronize data to a central server, and act as an EAM Agent Gateway*
  • 35 days of internal data storage for historical and event logging
1 Like