Ignition Extensions - Convenience utilities for advanced users

Is it possible to "fix" this one up as well?

I'm sure I had an idea somewhere, but my suggestion was to add an argument into the system.tag.getConfiguration function to return only the config stored on the tags themselves, not from parent settings such as non-defaults configured in the UDT definition.

E.g. an arg to return exactly the properties that copying the JSON of a tag returns*. Otherwise, if you use system.tag.configure with the results from getConfiguration which contains UDT instances, you end up overriding a whole bunch of properties on tags that you really didn't want to, that are defined in the UDT Definition! Thus essentially un-binding the UDT instances from the UDT definitions which is (hopefully) never what you want.

Ideally this fix should go into main Ignition, but for now it would be awesome to have this right now (I forgot about this feature yesterday and added property overrides to many many UDT instance tags which I now need to painfully remove :confused: )

*Coincidentally, it would also be nice to have a tag context option to return what getConfiguration currently returns alongside the standard Copy JSON function (i.e. return all of the non-defaults configured on the tag, both on the tag in the current scope as well as within its UDT definition)
E.g.

2 Likes