Ignition Maker OPC UA Server FAULTED

Hi, I have on a server two Ignition installed. Ignition gateway and Ignition maker edition.
I've change the HTTP and HTTPS ports, and also the Gateway Network Port. So both Ignition are running with different ports.
The Ignition gateway OPC UA Server it's OK, but the Ignition maker OPC UA Server is faulted.

Is there another port I should change? Or maybe is it something else?
Thanks.

Here is the error message:

UaException: status=Bad_SecurityChecksFailed,

message=sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.onError(UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.java:258)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.decode(UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.java:167)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageCodec$1.decode(ByteToMessageCodec.java:42)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:498)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:437)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:276)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageCodec.channelRead(ByteToMessageCodec.java:103)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:377)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:363)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:355)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1410)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:377)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:363)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:919)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:714)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:650)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:576)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:493)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:989)
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8.0.14 (b2020062220)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.6

Thanks,

Is Maker’s OPC UA server set to bind to a different port (Config->OPC UA->Server Settings) than the OPC UA server on the full Ignition install?

No, they are both set to the same port.
Can’t I have them both looking to the Ignition OPC server ? Should I have my own OPC UA server for the maker editon?
Or how can I do this?

Each Ignition gateway has its own OPC UA server.

On the maker gateway go to Config > OPC UA > Server Settings. Change the Bind Port to something else and then restart the gateway. Then go to Config > OPC > Connections, and for the default connection either delete/re-add or go through the endpoint discovery wizard again, but change the port to the new one you just configured.

1 Like

Did that, but it didin't work.
But now I have a new error:

java.lang.Exception: no anonymous token policy found
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.api.identity.AnonymousProvider.lambda$getIdentityToken$2(AnonymousProvider.java:47)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.api.identity.AnonymousProvider.getIdentityToken(AnonymousProvider.java:47)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.session.SessionFsmFactory.activateSession(SessionFsmFactory.java:881)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.sdk.client.session.SessionFsmFactory.lambda$configureActivatingState$17(SessionFsmFactory.java:345)
at com.digitalpetri.strictmachine.dsl.ActionBuilder$PredicatedTransitionAction.execute(ActionBuilder.java:76)
at com.digitalpetri.strictmachine.StrictMachine$PollAndEvaluate.lambda$run$0(StrictMachine.java:242)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at com.digitalpetri.strictmachine.StrictMachine$PollAndEvaluate.run(StrictMachine.java:227)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8.0.14 (b2020062220)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.6

The default username and password for the connection is opcuauser / password - it looks like you left it blank when you reconfigured it.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin!

Now it’s woking !!! Both Igintion :smiley:

4 posts were split to a new topic: OPC UA connection “unable to find valid certification path to requested target”