Increase the tile cache size for map perspective component

Thanks a lot. What a great solution. By the way it works with https://mobac.sourceforge.io/
So I can download other map source like Google maps with the format that you mentioned.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @mazeyrat! Very cool :slight_smile: and SUPER simple. @Paul.Scott possible to add this into the IA user manual under the Perspective Map component?

I'm not super excited on the premise of storing things in the webserver\webapps\main\ directory, for two reasons.

1. Our installers delete that directory on upgrade, so you'd need to be mindful about managing those tiles yourself on upgrade
  2. I'm not an expert on the matter, but my understanding of how files in that directory get served up is sort of a byproduct of some stuff Jetty does. Meaning, nothing we wrote in our code base is directly facilitating that behavior. The next time we upgrade Jetty, that functionality could just disappear.

Point #2 is a big part of the reason why the user manual doesn't really suggest putting things in that directory. I could see using a WebDev Mounted Folder or some other webserver to store the tiles, which the component page you suggested could mention.

2 Likes

Web dev is add to project for just simple serving some files. So please donā€™t disable that option for us.

Thanks Paul, I didnā€™t know that those files were deleted on upgrade, good to know!
Iā€™ll see about adding the Web dev module to our customerā€™s licence. Thanks for the reply and the info

Sure thing. FWIW, might be worth looking at that self hosting OpenMapTiles link mazeyrat posted early in this thread. I havenā€™t had a chance to check it out yet, but seems promising.