Iphone and Ignition

It looks like Windows 7 Phone won’t support HTML 5, Flash, or Silverlight - so why would you buy a new one new over an Iphone, Android, or Blackberry? In any event, MS is promising support for the Flash and Silverlight soon, with HTML 5 eventually coming afterward.

[quote=“Automate”]Even the new Windows Phone 7 is not modern enough since it does not support HTML 5.
html5trends.com/browsers/win … 5-not-yet/[/quote]

During the Sneak Preview Webinar it was mentioned that Windows Phone 7 would be supported. It also indicated that JavaScript and canvas support were required. Since canvas support is possible in HTML4 can you clarify if HTML5 is required?

To Clarify: Only javascript and the element are required. Canvas is part of HTML5, but “HTML5 support” is nearly always a gray area, and support is often one of the 1st things a browser will support.

In the webinar I said that we expected to have Blackberry 6 and Windows Phone 7 support - but I don’t have either of those devices as of yet so I’m not sure about them. Looks like Blackberry 6 is very likely (it uses a webkit browser), WP7 not so much (it uses an ie7/8 hybrid browser, at least for now)…

The silver lining here is that I think we can be reasonably sure that these technologies become more and more ubiquitous on mobile devices, so compatible options will only increase. It seems like only a matter of time before WP7 would gain the abilities of a modern browser, especially given Microsoft’s recent announcement.

More rumours about HTML 5 in WP 7.
zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/tip … =mncol;txt

It is inevitable.