J2EE v/s NodeJS for real time applications

AI is not about killing jobs. Its more about improving efficiency/ accuracy/ avoiding human errors. Humans can make mistakes especially if its repetitive job requiring lot of thinking every time. Computers love to do the repeat job over and over again! Humans can do more creative work like art and music etc!

I cannot see why C# isn’t the first alternative for everyone. JavaScipt is not the solution. It has it’s place as a functional language but not a Java replacement. .net and .net core have what Java did, and more, without the baggage. It is free (why did OP say it wasn’t). It is cross platform. dotnet core is light and faster than NodeJS. But it doesn’t mean you can’t use both together.

What about .net is not freely available?

What is the footprint of .NET? I think its even bigger than JVM. Node is 15MB!
Now a days languages are controlled by organizations(C# by MS, JAVA by oracle, JS by google etc), they are not languages by classical definitions and standards like earlier days.

This article is very old and dotnet core is even better now. But if covers how core is faster and uses less resources.

More users reporting unexpected finding that core is faster than node.

I think .NET works on a thread pool model to serve clients like J2EE. Response per client will obviously be better once a dedicated thread is established per client. In NodeJS the response per client has an overhead of identifying socket connection per client and doing the task requested by it on the server. So we may not be comparing things at a level playing ground. Application development on nodejs is a paradigm shift compared to threaded servers. they are two different animals. Internal structure of nodejs application is completely different than .NET or J2EE. One needs to also see the requirements of application, e.g. real time or OLTP or data based intensive or number of concurrent users, peaking etc. I am sure AS.NET will be very developer friendly with MS tools like visual studio for OLTP and data based centric application. For real time applications like SCADA which doesn’t need millions of clients, perhaps it may be under utilizing all the capabilities of ASP.NET

Of course its good to have and explore alternative solutions.