Mapping a tag output from 1000 input values

If any of both methods are well implemented I think the load on the server is negligible, in fact hard to measure since them will be something near 0 or equivalent between.
In this cases I personally use a derived tag and do something like this:

where you should write all the mapping into read expression using case or switch:

Thanks very much
Going to try that for my fault strings.

No problem, You can map to string or anything you wish, Ex. if you want to map to ints just change the derived tag type to int.

I need to connect the 1000 codes to 50 images.

Last time, I had bound the image source to a dropdown property, and map transformed 8 images from 8 codes.

Should I make a tag. Use a tag script to map the 1000 codes to one of the 50 locations with a 3 digit code.
Then bind the image source to the tag with another map of 50 images to the 50 3 digit codes?

Or is there a way to only map once or map easier?

I have an excel sheet with the 1000 codes and their locations.

This kind of looks like the things I do at work, but Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to do. Itā€™s a bit confusingā€¦
Could you try to describe step by step what youā€™re trying to do ? input, output, constraintsā€¦

one tag depicts the error code, which is a number from 1-1000. 1000 indicates running fine.

There are 50 locations that errors can be located and I have an image for those.

I need to show the right image for each error.

I am trying to edit a tag in the script section.

temp = system.tag.readBlocking(["[.]../../Equipment_State"])[0]

temp2=machine1.get_errorlocation(temp) 	

system.tag.writeBlocking(["[.]Machine1 Error Location"],[temp2])

I verified this code works:

temp = system.tag.readBlocking(["[.]../../Equipment_State"])[0]
system.tag.writeBlocking(["[.]Machine1 Error Location"],[temp])

Do I need a ā€œreturn temp2ā€?
I can verify this works in the binding section of an object on perspective

value=machine1.get_errorlocation(value) 
return value

.value strikes again

Pturmel helped me out in another thread

temp.value

What is the best way to streamline the number of static tables and dictionaries?

What about across projects?

Like I have a dictionary used from a tag script, a project library script, and soon I will have a static table of the faults so I can join other tables in SQL.
What is the recommended consolidation?