Menu Tree opens URL on new tab

Hello, I am using a menu tree to switch between projects on the same gateway by setting the target url but the problem is it opens on a new tab, is there a way to have it just redirect the same tab, horizontal menu does this feature but i would like to use menu tree if at all possible.

Any update on this one whether you found a way to do this?

@abcruz Is your issue being encountered on mobile, or is it instead in a browser setting?

It looks like this is an expectation for any target which is not a mounted path.

From our automated testing suite:

Clicking an item with a full URL (non-mounted path) for a target should always open that URL in a new tab.

I can't explain why that rule was put in place, only that it's an expected behavior for the component.

I'm encountering this issue in a browser setting. Is there any future plans for this rule to be changed?

Not at this time, because it is an expected behavior. We have to assume that users have designed projects around this behavior. In theory, we could add a new prop to each item, something like open_external_urls_in_new_tab and default it to true. This would then retain the old behavior while still allowing for fine-tuning of the behavior. You can always open a feature request along these lines at https://ideas.inductiveautomation.com/

3 Likes