Move drop down list values to a memory tags from a template

No Problem. I learned something new in addition to what I was looking for.
Triple Quotes
Use of the output console
str vs toStr

It was all very helpful.
I have plans to go to IA for training after the Virus subsides…

Thank you again to you both…

1 Like

One more question guys. I finished up my drop down and it is working great in the Designer using Preview Mode. When I publish and go to the runtime, I get an error that is defined in the manual as a SQL_Query_Error (311) I could not find any references to the 311 error in the manual.
Any ideas?

What kind of database?
What is the SQL select statement you are using to populate the drop down box with?

Can you open up diagnostics on the client and see if there is a related error in the Console?

I am not sure what you mean by the type. It is a DB that our integrator built for us for Recipe Management. The values are pulled from our ERP system.

The DB file I am accessing holds all of our raw materials we use.

The first snip shows the SQL Query used in the drop down

The second snip is the tree to the DB File

I also added the Output console for the past few times I have saved and started the runtime app

That SQL Error is probably database specific, so we will need to know that info.
What kind of JDBC driver is configured on the Gateway webpage for the Recipe database?

The output console snip is from the designer. We need the one from runtime. They are different.
From the runtime client press Ctrl+Shift+F7 and take a look at console in there.

Here is the Console Error. I will get a snip of the JDBC Driver used.

Here is the list of Drivers.

OK right smack in the middle is the issue.
“the current user does not have the required roles for this operation”

Take a look at: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Vision+Project+Properties

Specifically the part about “Vision Permissions Properties”.
Check “Legacy Database Access”.

OK. It looks like there are no permissions set up on our Development Server.
This should fix itself when moving to the Production Environment I would assume.
That probably prevents bad things from happening on the DEV Server, huh?

I will check with our Integrator to see if this is the case. I know they have been testing some other things so I will verify.
Thanks again for all your help. Every time I post on this forum, I learn way more than expected.

I appreciate your help…

It’s all for permissions for the client. By default iirc it is setup like this, so you need to enable the permissions you want for the client.

So these permissions aren’t effective in the designer? That’s why it works there but not in the Runtime?

that’s correct.

According to the portion of the manual above: “These properties allow you to limit the Client’s ability to perform certain tasks.”

Thanks again, I hope to help someone in the future like you have me. It sure helped…
Have a good one and stay healthy…