MQTT Engine automatic tag generation not working as expected

The first thing I see is there are ‘.’ chars in the topic. These are not valid in Ignition tag names. So, you need to do a conversion on the ‘.’ → ‘_’ or some other valid character for Ignition tags like this:

After I made this change I think everything showed up…

…except they do show up without that change, as long as you disable the other namespace(s). I have a feeling there’s more going on here.

The original issue was that only one tag was being created, and disabling the default namespace(s) seemed to solve that.

So if I don’t add the conversion rule - no tags with a ‘.’ show up and I see messages like this in the logs (which is what I’d expect):

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2022/05/18 14:50:41 | E [c.c.m.e.g.j.JsonPayloadHandler] [21:50:41]: Failed to handle tagPath - not adding tag: TwinThread/Assets/Gentovo/Gentovo Energy Drink Plant/Packing/Packaging Line 1/Case Packer/Properties/ED.Pack.Line1.CasePacker.SKU/topicName - Remove it from future payloads 

I’ve run through this a few times - This occurs regardless of whether or not default namespaces are enabled or not. Without the conversions rule it is just tags associated with those specific topics that don’t show up. I still end up with a decent sized tag tree. I can’t seem to ever get only a single tag to appear regardless of what I do. When that happens in your environment, what tag is it?