New Feature: Perspective Piping

Hi @mperkins

I'd like to show you what is actual the difference in the performance of using Perspective native pipelines tools and SVG drawing and importing for a big page. Here I start to use the Perspective pipeline for my P&ID but in the end, the Runtime Performance is very bad that rejected by the client.

Perspective Pipeline:

• Take 3 days to draw the pipeline as the Designer's UI is getting too sluggish as I draw more pipelines. - Runtime Performance is very bad as it cause even objects which are not part of the page is getting slow. UI is not usable (as shown in the video the top menu is slow in this case)
  • Moving Components in the designer is not possible as UI is very laggy.
    Note: Even Converting the pipeline to SVG drawing by Perspective (v8.1.22) does not help at all. it seems the conversion method creates too much extra metadata that makes UI very slow.

SVG drawing in Inkscape and import it into the Perspective and put it as background:

• Take 5 hours to draw the pipeline.
  • Runtime Performance is good and the user can work with UI.

For me using Perspective is fun and enjoyable if at least we get the same performance as normal SVG. Back and forth between Inkscape and Perspective is annoying but until fixing the performance of the pipeline this is my workflow.

3 Likes