New Feature: Perspective Tooltips

There are so many xd
Ive seen people ask about newlines quite a lot on here tho, maybe this one could be worth adding into the docs and the designer:p

Also a good one is overflow:overlay, its missing from the dropdown (last time i checked)
(combined with some custom scrollbar styles to make them a bit transparent)
overlay:
auto:

2 Likes

That looks useful too, although I try to avoid scrollbars like COVID (we can use that now to replace the plague right?? :cry:)

1 Like

Yea same, but sometimes its just required.
also to soon xp

1 Like

i dont find in meta tooltip?? where is ? I upgrade to 8.1.9.

This feature is now in 8.1.10:

Is there any way for a tooltip to become a popup tip when viewed from a touch device? creating separate interfaces displaying the same content for non-touch and touch devices is very expensive.
thank you

1 Like

Hello) Can you help me? I want create multiline in tooltip binding. How can I do that?

ah in a binding, you should be able to do that with a triple "
(it will copy the tabs too tho so dont put a tab on the new line)

multiLinestring=""" some
multi 
line
string"""
return multiLinestring

It will be very nice if we have tooltip for both pipes and SVG elements.

1 Like

If do that with expression binding, How can I do that? Because you showed me how that I can do with script, right?

ahh right for expresion i guess you will juse have to use \n for a new line.
not as pretty but it works xd

It works for props.text, but when I use this symbol in tooltip.text no newline is created (

did you add the white-space:pre style?

I think, no, no

you’ll need that ^^

1 Like

I tried) You are a sorcerer! Many thanks! That helped a lot)

1 Like

Is there a way to show the tooltips for all components in a view?
All my components has their tagname as tooltip, if I could show every tooltip with a single clickbutton that would be nice.

you can trigger the tooltips with .requestTooltip() througha script, so you can do that in your button

self.parent = path to root from button
if they are in a container you will also have to do a forloop on the container.getChildren()

for x in self.parent.getChildren():
   x.requestTooltip()
5 Likes

thanks, this achived what I was trying to do

1 Like

@cmallonee, would it make sense to add a toggleTooltip() option? Alternatively, is there a way to determine whether tooltip is currently shown?

For now I expect to implement this with a property and property change script so state is remembered.

EDIT: This may be useful for another use case where long dismiss delays are desired, but in our use case, requestTooltip works well on its own now that I realized dismiss delay applies when tooltip is requested by script as well as mouseover.