Numeric Display shows NaN for very small number

I have a numeric entry field component bound to a float memory tag called "memoryTag05_float".

When the float memory tag has a value of -6.79168362355791e-7 the numeric display shows NaN.

When I click in the numeric entry field I can see the value correctly and edit it.

Since the formatting is set to 0,0.### I would expect the value to be displayed as zero.
What's going on ? How can I get the component to display a number and not the NaN ?

I changed the formatting to 0,0.############ and it still displays NaN

Isn't this the same question as your previous post three days ago - or have I missed something?

No.. first question was for a dataset displayed in a data table. This is for a numeric display component directly bound to a float memory tag.
But.... similar behavior perhaps.

Thanks

I wonder if it's the e that is causing it to see this as Not a Number. Perhaps try an expression binding and manipulate your formatting in the expression.

Did you ever get an answer on this? How you solved it? I have the exact same issue, and I can't use formatting transform because I need it to be bidirectional to the PLC.

Any update on this? I am experiencing the same on 8.1.32. Have a numeric entry component value bound to a tag. Two buttons one to increment and decrement the value by .05. Works fine, but when I go from .05 to 0 it ends up as a very small decimal which is fine and expected from float arithmetic, but then the appearance becomes NaN. I know I can code it to write 0 directly if appropriate, but I just wanted it be known this is still an issue.