Omron Driver for Ignition update?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

1 Like

@JordanCClark you can be first in line to beta test.

Well, if anyone could break it, it’d be me.

One of my customers will be very interested, too.

Any idea of when beta could be available? Please consider FINS TCP,

if you need testers we have close to 300 CJ2x-CPUxx-EIP, I think I could give it a shot.
If a license is needed we have a few IGN instances.

@Kevin.Herron Have you tried to mod the Ethernet/IP driver to talk to the CJ2s that are EIP compatible? such as CJ2M-CPUxx-EIP and/or CJ2H-CPUxx-EIP? I've read that its possible.

Those processors should be able to exchange data with Ignition through the Ethernet/IP Class1 Communications Module. I don't have a CJ in my lab to play with... /-:

I have a few in my lab and a bunch in the factory floor, is there a way I can get a demo of this module?

Sure. Send your details to sales@automation-pros.com.

@GreggCavazos I can't really find any references to FINS over TCP being a "thing". The documentation only mentions UDP and the frame format doesn't have any boundary or length information in it at all, which makes sense for a UDP-based protocol.

Anybody have more information about this? @JordanCClark maybe?

@Kevin.Herron Yes, it is a thing, if I am not mistaken it is the same protocol with different headers, at the controller level, I can have different port for UDP and TCP. see below

Let me see if I can find some documentation.

I’ve found a reference to the FINS/TCP header in this manual.

2 Likes

@Kevin.Herron, I also send you a DM with a onedrive link for another manual.

Thanks, I’ve got enough to get started. Looks like I found the same manual you sent me.

2 Likes