[IGN-5211] Perspective - Import project issue - Overwrite all option

For a long time I got error when I import project with the designer. I select all and overwrite all.

I think that I have a view that create that issue but unable to know witch one.

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.ResourceNotFoundException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.DesignableProject.createOrModify(DesignableProject.java:141)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.import_export.ProjectImporter.lambda$doImport$2(ProjectImporter.java:310)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.import_export.ProjectImporter.doImport(ProjectImporter.java:310)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.import_export.ProjectImporter.lambda$new$0(ProjectImporter.java:108)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.ResourceNotFoundException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.DesignerProjectTreeImpl.modifyResource(DesignerProjectTreeImpl.java:173)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.DesignableProject.createOrModify(DesignableProject.java:139)
	... 39 more

Ignition v8.1.7 (b2021060314)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.11

Perhaps related but I had a project where I had a script module named helpdesk that I renamed to HelpDesk which now throws me an issue when I try importing all/overwriting. I use 8.0.17. Have you renamed anything recently?

To find out which one, you can just try importing your views one by one until you discover which one is causing it - that is how I figured out what was causing mine.

Think that it can be due to a renamimg, but I do it long time a go and don’t remember wich views was renamed. I have a lot of view and don’t want to be forced to try each one individually. I think it can be better to get a fix on that issue instead of patch.

I think the way I ‘fixed’ this was by exporting the entire project, and then importing it via the gateway (instead of designer) over my old copy.