Perspective power chart question

When dev is being done and the project is saved it wipes out everyone’s current charts they have open. we have tried implementing the project update countdown to give time to save what you have open. However, the window pops up right over the save chart controls and i cant for the life of me figure out a workaround. anyone solve this issue?

the other one is our save / Done button in the chart settings area is covered by the maximize button on our screens, another one i cant seem to find a fix for.

any help would be very appreciated

you can hide the bottom one “appBar”
in the perspective session props

The other one idk what you want to do with it…
you can target it with css .notification-wrapper{}
But making it invisible would kinda defeat the purpose of having a warning xD
Transparent and unclickable would prevent them to update…
Move it around i guess, to the bottom?

.notification-wrapper {
 bottom: 0px;
 top: unset !important;
}

or how about this?

.notification-wrapper .notification {
    overflow: auto;
    resize: both;
}

this allows you to resize the notification out of the way when selecting the bottom right corner xd

thats a great idea. I appreciate the help. im still in novice stage of my perspective work, forgive my question, but how and where do i make that change in my project. i can add it in manually in the inspect element area while the popup is active but how to i make this a permanent change in the project using this example?

.notification-wrapper {
 bottom: 0px;
 top: unset !important;
}

with theme.css (correct way) or css injection (easy way)
for something like this injeciton seems good.
wrap it in reverse brackets }{ and put it into a styleclass backgroundimage.
no need to use the styleclass anywhere, this will get it injected into the css file xd

the correct way would be to create your own css file…
a theme must be created here C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes
and import your default theme file (light css) and set your default theme to the one you just made.
Do not edit existing themes as these will be lost on an update

Btw its possible that this also affects alarms notification. so test that out

rock and roll!!! thank you so much for your help on these. both issues fixed :smiley:

1 Like