Perspective Table sortOrder Property

No, this bug hasn’t yet been fixed.
I have pulled every lever I can re: prioritization. If it’s an issue for you, contact support and have your rep add you to the internal ticket; that “bumps” its score relative to other tickets.

1 Like

Hi,
I tried setting the props.data to ‘persistent’, and the sort order takes effect when the page first loads.
The sort order also retains after the props.data changes.

This solution is tested on 8.1.5.
Hope this will work for you too.

1 Like

This trick worked for me, thanks @bao.nguyen

1 Like

This did the trick for me as well. Thank you!!

Is there a way to prevent this sortation from happening? Table is sorted by time but at 10 the sortation gets confused.

Running 8.1.18

Thanks,
Steve

How is the column configured in props? It looks like it's doing alpha sorting; if you want to do proper date sorting the column must be configured to render as date.

Rendering as date

Hmm. What version are you on? I located a known issue which was resolved in 8.1.10.

Okay, I'll try to see what might be going on.

Thanks for looking into it for me!

1 Like

I wasn't able to replicate in 8.1.18.

Here, even though the 10:XX times appears out of order, it is due to a date difference:
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 11.32.03 AM

Even while applying the same format as your example I have the sorting I would expect. The following screenshot was taken after removing and then re-applying sort to prevent any sort of cached sorting).
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 11.31.21 AM

Is there any chance the values in your example have different dates?

Looks like the date is the same and still follows the odd sorting when setting to MM/DD/YYYY HH:mm:ss format.

In case its worth noting, I'm pulling the tags from a historian in real time (60sec poll) via Tag History function and outputting as a DOCUMENT.

No, that shouldn't matter, but you'll probably need to contact support for this one as I was unable to immediately replicate the issue.