Quarantined Modules

I found some information on the pom.xml where you have to tell it to include the dependencies with the jar file. this just got to complicated because i had to find all my jar libraries i wanted on either github and add them as dependencies to my project pom or i needed to figure out how to install my jars in my local maven install then add them as dependencies in my pom.

<plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>install</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                  <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/lib</outputDirectory>
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>

After thinking about this a little more what i did to make this process easier for me was just make a project where all it did was make the module free by adding the gateway hook with the isFreeModule function.

the output modl file then can be extracted and i can modify the module.xml file to reference my jar files i want to include and then compress all the files back into a modl file to be signed.

What was the reasoning for changing the a free module to need a gateway hook function rather than just reading it from the module.xml attribute?

[quote=“Jonathan”]
What was the reasoning for changing the a free module to need a gateway hook function rather than just reading it from the module.xml attribute?[/quote]

With the move to module authors signing their own modules it’s no longer secure to rely on the flag indicating a module is free to come from the module.xml.