Replacing a weekly email with perspective pages

Now I just need that elective studies thing for perspective, except 4 hours of tables and database manipulation instead haha

Unfortunately, nothing beats getting wrong 50 times before finding the right solution :smiley:

This would definitely be the first step for me, get the DB structure in place then focus on how to get it in there.

This is how I do the table manipulation as well. For example:

How do I set a status value of down for line 1 shift 2 for next Wednesday?
How do I then call to see what the status is for the 1st thru 3rd shift?

I get how to use the tag historian on the past. I donā€™t know how to set tag values in the future though.
Is there a scheduling component?
I didnā€™t see a section of videos on scheduling.

rewatching the sql section

I am still stuck on what is best to do for this.

Am I to make an sql table and put in every shift for the next two years?

I may get some time tonight (UK time) to go through this in a bit more detail. However, itā€™s back to legacy SCADA systems (which shall not be named here for fear of getting stoned to death :laughing:) for me today :sweat:

ive not really worked with shedules, but my guess is you will need a db of sorts (could be a big dataset tag too i guess) to store in special dates/shifts that do not follow the normal trends.

And then for every date that is not in the database you use a default template or so in your ui/logic

I appreciate the help on this.

It has been put on the back burner for a while. I have a few projects ahead of it, so right now I am at least 3 weeks from getting back to this.

There is kind of a canned solution coming to me from a third party, but then also I wanted to make this customizable option. Just donā€™t have the time for a while.

that is a really handy set of ideas about handling a template and handling special dates separately

1 Like

Sample Example

This might be coming off the backburner to the front for me.

Problem:
I have a branch location that is emailing a spreadsheet schedules.
One person has access to edit it, and they edit it in excel.

So I need a way to restrict access via scripting, which I think I can do.
I could just put a pass code to access the page with a script.

Then, I need a way to make a table functionally similar to Excel editing while also updating the database with each change.
How do I do that?