Session Prop Auth, dictionaries and lists

Well, I am looking for a solution for a dynamic tabbed container, or tabbed header of sorts, drawing the menu options from a query, referencing a post here: Dynamically Selecting Pages in Tab Container - #13 by mdemaris

I know how to use this function elsewhere, but how would I get authentication on a dynamic menu, if I don't have another source that I can use?

My idea is either I have a table with the Roles and Menu Items with a flag indicating which menu a role can access, OR build a script that pulls the info from session.prop.auth and check if their role is listed. If I use isAuthorized coded to each tab, or button, the menus will change based on what work area the user is in and which roles they have.

UNLESS, (thinking out loud) I create a button for every menu item and hide it based on authentication, which is a lot of buttons, but it might make things easier for programming views and, as you indicated, using isAuthorized.

Bottom line, trying to replicate a Vision tab strip and do away with some funky DB stuff on the OG setup. Such as storing the path and user names in tables, one table for each menu item...