Should I use Transaction Group for this?

Well I got the data registers to pull in as a string, but its not pulling in everything. Its pulling in the first 4 digits of the card number, but not the 5th. I am assuming it is because the last register only contains 1 digit. I don’t know if I should flip the bits in the last register in the PLC or do something in ignition.

[attachment=1]Ascii String.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]DesignerString.PNG[/attachment]

Yeah, it’s seeing a null character before getting to the ‘5’.
[attachment=1]2014-02-18_5-54-02.png[/attachment]

You had it working when it was up in the D10000 range, didn’t you? The last digit was on the high byte.
[attachment=0]2014-02-18_5-54-27.png[/attachment]

[quote=“cire3621”]Well I got the data registers to pull in as a string, but its not pulling in everything. Its pulling in the first 4 digits of the card number, but not the 5th. I am assuming it is because the last register only contains 1 digit. I don’t know if I should flip the bits in the last register in the PLC or do something in ignition.
[/quote]
Anyway, to answer the question… sorry. :blush:
You can shift that last register over one byte:
[attachment=0]2014-02-18_6-15-56.png[/attachment]

To move on, after you shift it over, you can then OR in the comma that we talked about earlier:
[attachment=1]2014-02-18_6-25-40.png[/attachment]
44 is the ASCII code for ‘,’

After that, If you stick the PIN number in at D1003, that will give you the entire input string for Ignition.

Actually the Idec manual was wrong it works with any data register to send ASCII no conversion…only reason it moved the 5 past the null mark was because
I had a delimiter in my set up. I got them all back in line without having to flip the bits. But I still can not get a comma in. When I use the OR function
it changes its value to a dash. I monitored the binary and noticed with the card number and the 44 ASCII or code it is turning on bit 0 which is in turn making the wrong character come across. I have a meeting set up with our IDEC reps to figure out why it is so difficult to just add an ASCII character to the next 8 bits of data.

Jordan -

I started messing with my Wiegand 26 bit to ASCII 16 bit RS232 converter and rigged it to make it send a comma after the last card number. So thanks
so much since I never really dealt with ASCII in the past Im a modbus guy. But now Ill rig up a screen and make sure the ascii pin number comes through
with the rest of the string as It should…thank you so much for your help…I might i have a question here or their but you have been awesome with all
of your insight. :prayer:

Cool! Glad things are moving forward! :smiley: