Show a popup in perspective on all clients if a value changes

In your browser session, please use the Application bar to locate the Page ID for your page.

Click the arrow icon in the bottom-right of the session:
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.33.42 AM

Click the button in the center of the bar:
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.33.49 AM

Click the STATUS button:
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.33.58 AM

locate the Page ID:
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.34.12 AM

If that Page ID value matches the pageId being logged (172301c6), then you’ll need to contact support because everything seems to be working exactly like it should.

This is the session status

I do not believe my PageID matches, not sure how to fix that?

That tells me you’re looking at a page from a different gateway. Do you see how even your Session ID does not match? If that session existed on the Gateway you’re interacting with then we would also see that session included in the logging.

I do see that, How would I go about fixing that? I have the page inside my gateway that I am using, not sure why it is calling a different one? I had created it in another gateway on our server and copied it to the server I am trying to use it on, would that be the cause and if so how do I got about fixing it?

Hi I am also have the same requirement, i tried to follow the script as you discussed in above conversation, actually I am on learning stage i just started my career in Ignition last month so can you please share your latest script and if possible please share the step by step procedure to control the Popup by Boolean tag.

Thanks

This post is really detailed, so if you are having problems please post what you have tried and the specific problems or errors you encounter, otherwise there isn’t much help that can be offered other than what is in this post.

If you are new to Ignition It’s highly recommended to complete IU before you do anything else.

![Designer|690x393](upload://7em7fihMkVU18wJE4f1kyA98A66.
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure about my PageId, Session.id. I have attached my script picture for your reference. also i am not sure where I have to write the script.

Its my Script

When posting code, use preformatted text (hit the button with </>

Example code

What is view path for the popup you want to popup?
You place the code in value changed event of your tag, which appears from your screenshot as correct.

You don’t need to worry about PageId and SessionId as the code handles that for you. If you don’t understand sessions, pages, and views, then you need to start there and fully understand the concepts.

If you put the correct view path into the script it should work. The code posted worked for me.

1 Like

Thanks for your support. If you don’t mind can get your popup working back for my reference. Since I am new to ignition so it will help to understand the concept.

There isn’t much for me to share. Create a new view (it doesn’t have to contain anything), size it down to something like 300x300 (you can size by dragging a corner). Right click on the view and copy path. This is the path you paste into the code.

Make sure you save.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for your support.

@Alagumani_Kaliyaperu On top of Inductive University, keep the docs handy:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81

Docs related to opening a popup:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Popup+Views
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/system.perspective.openPopup

Perspective overview:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Perspective

1 Like

@jlandwerlen Hi i have attached my log picture. Initially the Pop-up worked properly, but later on it’s not working can please help me to find the reason from log details.

@jlandwerlen Same query details for your reference.

Can you post the entire script that you are using?

And where is that script located?

1 Like

@bschroeder I am using this script in memory tag (Boolean). Actually it’s working now. The problem is multiple session opened on same time, after closed other session it’s start to working.
But still i could not directly make it work by using OPC tags (direct PLC communication tags), I wrote the script on my OPC tag to trigger my memory tag.
if currentValue.value==4:
system.tag.writeBlocking([“[.]…/…/prcd_potr_002/New Tag1”],[True])
else:
system.tag.writeBlocking([“[.]…/…/prcd_potr_002/New Tag1”],[False]).

I don’t really understand the use of if currentValue and currentValue.value? by the comment, you should be using initialChange to stop the script from executing that part when it’s first subscribed to

OK… so can you just copy your script and place it in the preformatted block that uses the </> button on the forum editor? Then it’ll be easier to read.

I tested with multiple sessions and it works fine. The script was written to handle multiple sessions.

Start with creating a simple boolean memory tag first. The move on to an OPC tag.

What is your end game? It looks like you may want to open a popup for an alarm (your example of estop)? If so, there are better ways to handle that then what you are doing. Perhaps start with what you are ultimately trying to do.

And as requested 3 days ago, please start posting code and even errors using </> instead of screenshots.