Some thoughts about ideas

I 100% reject this statement. I found Ignition as a SCADA which provided a platform to fulfil my dream. I have worked on all top 3 SCADAs and found Ignition outperforms them convincingly. Till date, i could not find a better one. This is the reason i posted the following topic.

This topic has attracted a large number of visitors, especially from the Indian subcontinent. Competition is inevitable. A product which is closed for public debate and criticism will not survive in the long run. Criticism helps innovation and helps a product to get better. Fear breeds secrecy, builds a ring of sycophants and kills innovation.

I agree that i have posted certain outlandish ideas like USD 99/- annual subscription and so on. But the net result is, these topics have generated a very interesting debate and has helped Ignition to spread.

Many a great products which closed their ears and did NOT listen to the public opinion have disappeared from the market. Nokia is one classic example which thought nothing can shake them. When Android hit the market, Nokia disappeared from the sales counters over night. Ubuntu kicked the invincible Windows very hard and has forced mighty Microsoft to release a free W10.

Let's NOT make a holy cow out of Ignition. If some one offers a better SCADA than Ignition, almost every Ignition evangelist here will jump the ship like they did before with other vendors. Loyalty is a cruel joke in business and politics.