Template Components?

Yes the templates will certainly include bindings and scripts.

Hi All

It was funny to read posts in this chain and see that in here also people like to get tools for them and forgetting end user.
Templates, genies, supergenies, wizards what else… are tools for engineers which want to make changes easy and always. End Users want to see SCADA systems which are done correctly once and before done those system are planned well.
When SCADA system is used part of real automation system it is done once and then copied.
In these systems, templates or what ever “easy” templates, are not important because everything is ready.
Also in development of Ignition should be remember always End User and KISS.

Hope that nobody takes this post too seriously but I thing that everybody should remember who is paying all this mess.

Br
Tommi Vahtera
THT Control Oy

I view template components as a way to help ensure consistency throughout a project, during both the initial implementation, and the maintenance/useful lifetime phase. Using a common template for displaying real process variables, e.g., ensures that the same colors, fonts, and behaviors are used everywhere that type of information is displayed. In the world I live in, the first pass rarely goes untouched, and improvements/changes are sometimes necessary to meet the needs of the end users. When that happens, if I can change a single template, and roll that change out consistently to all 3407 instances without missing a single one, it’s a good thing.
I agree it shouldn’t be used as a means to avoid the need for good engineering up front. I believe it can be a powerful tool for enabling good HMI design at the front end.

I think both of you have valid points. In fact this is one of the trickiest things that we do at Inductive Automation: finding the correct balance between simple and powerful.