Unicode font issues

Hi @Sanderd17,

Fonts in the JRE right now are a bit of a mess. Oracle used to ship Lucida with the JRE which had really good coverage for a large number of glyphs and symbols but they aren’t included with openJDK so we bundled Googles Noto fonts with the JRE we ship with Ignition. The core Noto Sans font does a reasonably good job at representing fonts for a large number of languages, a good number of fallback fonts are shipped by default with the our runtime. But yes, they do splinter some of their fonts to reduce their footprint meaning some of these edge cases may appear. Symbols and Symbols2 contain a lot, but it does appear they are missing these arrows.

There is support for multiple fallbacks in the JRE and the first match will be used, all you have to do is drop a font that renders the glyphs into the JRE’s fallback font folder using the process described HERE. That being said, I’d like to add this to our JRE for you for a future release using a Google Noto (or other) font since this process is a bit cumbersome at the moment. Could you DM me this project which has all of these characters (so i don’t have to re-invent the wheel) and I will open a ticket?

Thanks,
Jonathan C