Universal symbol

I hope your client pays by the hour. When scope is impossible (or very difficult), time ($) is infinite (or very long).

Your client may not want to pay a large premium for this.

2 Likes

I would suggest you start here. Often the customer asks for one thing and they really want something different. In my experience if you don't understand why the customer wants something it's difficult to complete the task. Many times the customer doesn't understand the magnitude of what they are asking for.

I'm not saying don't do it, just that you should make sure they understand the amount of engineering that will be needed to complete it, if you do that and they are willing to pay for it then by all means go for it.

As for assistance from the forum you'll be better off and get better results if you break the problem down into smaller chunks.

@nminchin's suggestion is a good one, would take a lot of work if you've already done a lot of development but it's definitely much more achievable than a true cross reference.

1 Like

I try write a tag filter and call to window, and then will sum these function

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

But in response to creating a list of tags to then use to open the window or windows that they're used on, my suggestion won't work for this. This is definitely a big undertaking and will require a custom module be written for it. As everyone else has already said, go back to the customer and ask them if they're willing to pay $$$$ for the functionality. Depending on your in-house capability, you may need to outsource the module dev, but I would definitely check with IA as to the viability of even attempting such a feat. I know that there is still the idea on the idea forum regarding adding this functionality into the Designer, but due to the complexity of it and the amount of time it would take to develop, they turned it down.