Upgrade 7.9.12 -> 7.9.13 : Opc Connection faulted

Hi,

We upgraded a server from 7.9 to 8.1 today, and all our OPC UA connections when into Error.

“Nonce should be 32 bit”

UPC UA connections are set with anonymous and security settings none/none. We cannot change this unless we upgrade all our PLC firmwares. There is a bug causing issues with reconnecting when username and password is set.

Is there a way around this in IGN?

Happy thanksgiving!

I don’t think so. But call IA’s emergency support to find out for sure, or downgrade back to 7.9. (I’m guessing you have a Thanksgiving outage window and cannot wait for Monday…)

This error should only occur when you’re using security or you’re using no security + username/password authentication.

Double check the connection settings and if they still look right to you get a Wireshark capture of Ignition trying to connect.

1 Like

Turmel and Herron, thanks for replying.

We did downgrade to 7.9 for the weekend. We had 3 OPC UA devices on this gateway, and all of them where offline after the clients upgrade. Two of them I know for sure where set up with anonymous, but it’s possible that these production lines where powered down and offline. All our focus where on the third, the one who always is on. After a while searching for the third PLC software it was indeed set up with username and password.

You will have to either upgrade these buggy servers or change to a configuration where the invalid nonce doesn’t create a security vulnerability. Same as mentioned here.