Welcome to the forum. Yes, this can be done. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Ignition Designer.
- Create a window called “MyStartingWindow” and put whatever components you want into it.
- Create a window called “MyOtherStartingWindow” and put whatever components you want into it.
- Create a client tag called StartingWindow (or whatever you want to call it).
- Add the following code to the Client Startup Script (this is a Client Event Script):
startingWindow = system.tag.read("[Client]StartingWindow").value
- Now you can start the client and start with any window you want by providing the window name in the URL that is used to start the client. Here are some examples:
What you are doing here is setting the value of a client tag via the URL and then using that value in a Client Startup Script to open a window.