Using tag data quality to set tag value

… but please crop the screenshots well.
Show us the tag in the tag browser.
Show us the label binding too.

OK, had to switch the ski lift I was testing so everything that was “Santiago” is now “OPG” but everything is identical between the two except for names.

Here is the user interface cropped

The “OFFLINE” label should not be shown right now as there is a numeric label (OPG_Speed) in the same position that I am attempting to control the visibility of.

Here is the tag browser for the OPG-LineSpeed

Here is the label binding on the visibility property of the OPG_Speed numeric label

If it was working correctly it would look like this, the 3 m/s label is the OPG_Speed label

Just for a test I tried IsBad in place of IsGood and the results were the same, the OFFLINE label was visible and the speed label, in this case “3 m/s” was not visible.

This is the first mention of stacked labels. Move one half-way off the other and see if the visibility is working. It sounds as though you have an incorrect Z-order.

If you can't fix the Z-order then create a visibility binding on the OFFLINE label opposite to the speed readout.

I probably would have used just one label and put an expression binding on the text to switch between OFFLINE and the actual speed and another binding on the background colour.

More tips:

• While your actual code is OK you've typed 'IsBad' and 'IsGood' instead of 'isBad' and 'isGood'. Errors like this in your actual code will cost you hours.
  • Your Tag Browser screengrab is 1281 pixels wide and 80% whitespace. As a result it's difficult to read. You should resize the windows before taking the screengrabs. Make it easy for your readers. You're a HMI designer after all!
  • Use the </> code formatting button when pasting code!
1 Like

First off…THANKS for all the replies and assistance!

I found my problem…in past troubleshooting I had experimented with setting the visibility property via the property change event handler in component scripting. I neglected to delete this experiment and it was overwriting the label’s visibility binding…I am my own worst enemy!

I do have the Z-order correct but I like Transistor’s suggestion of using one label and binding the text and background color.

Currently I have the two labels, OFFLINE and actual speed, and I used IsGood and IsBad to control the visibility of them and it worked as expected. I will experiment with Transistor’s suggestion.

I will use the </> code formatting button in future posts. Thank you all for the education!