Weather Script

Ah… my system is 32-bit, but I should think it wouldn’t matter. Maybe one of the IA guys can shed a bit of light on this one. :prayer:

I was able to download Jordans project and get it to work. If your getting a blank grey screen, check to make sure that the window is set to run on startup (if its the only window in the project), I made that mistake at first, made the correction, and it worked.

The Grey screen was caused from the Window (not being checked to Open on Startup)

The timer script still does not work (IO Error Time out), The script on a button works, so I guess it is some kind of a security policy from corporate IT.

Sorry 'bout that. This was more for making sure the scripting worked when I developed it than for public consumption. :wink: I’ve updated the download to reflect the startup window.

Thank you guys. I have downloaded you .proj and added the necessary tags. I have a question or two on how you are doing the image. What type of tag is Image? Is it a number referencing a table of images?

Hey Ryan,

This thread here started the thread you’re reading now. The zip file I posted in there will have the images, tags and how to use them.

The Image tag in my instance, has an expression of:

concat(“http://192.168.140.18/weatherimages/",{[.]Code},".png”)

The images are stored on my web server and are picked according to whatever the Code tag’s value is…

EDIT: You could just as easily stick the images into the Image Management part of Ignition. I did it that way to illustrate how nicely Ignition and web objects play well together. :slight_smile:

You rock Jordan! Thanks for your help. I did a little different and added the images to the image management tool and referenced them concat(“weather/”,{[.]Code},".png"). Works great thank you very much