Zulu64 JRE and Database Connection Faults

Running Ignition 7.9.17
Windows Server 2012 R2

We installed the latest release of Zulu64 JRE today (8u292b10) and the system started up fine, Ignition services started up fine, but none of our database connections worked (SQL Server).

We changed to Zulu64 (1.8.0_265-b11) and database connections were restored and ok.

Has anyone else experienced this? Please let me know if I am missing something.


I believe this is due to TLS 1.0 and 1.1 being disabled starting in 8u291: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/release_changes.html

You can update/patch your SQL server instances to support TLS 1.2: KB3135244 - TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server

Or there’s some way to re-enable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Java that I need to search for…

1 Like

Kevin just beat me to it. more info is in their release notes: Azul Platform Core

Thank you. I’ll take a look.

Seems like steps for re-enabling it are documented here: TLS 1.0/1.1 changes in OpenJDK and Amazon Corretto | AWS Open Source Blog

Should be the same even though it’s a different vendor.

1 Like

I believe we are working to disable older TLS versions so we will look at SQL Server patching. Thanks again