Dropdown Height

Hi,
i’m looking for a way to increase the height of the dropdown menu in Perspective: I have a list of 90 object and currently the dropdown it’s displaying just 4 that makes the dropdown difficult to use.
I saw that this can be achieved modifing the css files, in this topic, but ?'m not a web developer and looking at the project backup I can’t find any css files.
Can this be achieved directly in the Designer now? Where can I find the css files?
Thanks

1 Like

The theme.css is found in the theme module i think. i've not really used it.
You can also inject it in a style class which will still work on every dropdown.
If you arent used to css or dont not really gonna use it that often this should work for now.

}.iaDropdownCommon_options_modal {  max-height: 300px;  }{

(300px or whatever you wish, 150px is standard atm)

more info i posted here:

edit newer versions +8.1.22(?):
add >div:first-child and !important

Also suggested to use the new feature stylesheet.css instead of the old hacky css injection
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Style+Classes#StyleClasses-EnablingtheAdvancedStylesheet

9 Likes

Thanks a lot, that worked.
As you said I created a Style called Dropdown_Tall with the BackgroundImage property as }.iaDropdownCommon_options_modal { max-height: 300px; }{ and just selected it as the dropdown Style.
Regards

1 Like

Choosing it as dropdown style has no effect.
The way this css works will cause it to apply to all dropdowns in the project. No matter what styleclass they have. So you dont have to apply it to any of them specifically :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the explanation :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

God dayum, I've been looking for this for ages! Thanks

Update: you can also use other units, most usefully % e.g.
.iaDropdownCommon_options_modal { max-height: 80%; }

3 Likes

Interesting. The percentage is with respect to what?

The height of the browser viewport container that the dropdown is inside of

2 Likes

not sure when this changed, but on 8.1.22 the override is required on a different class

.iaDropdownCommon_options_modal>div:first-child {
    max-height: 80% !important;
}

for some reason, this is being applied AFTER my custom theme so I needed the important modifer.

7 Likes

Hello, it didnt work for me. I am using version 8.1.26 is there some other way to do it now? Or am I just doing something wrong:

I have created a new Style called DropDown with BackgroundImage property:
}.iaDropdownCommon_options_modal { max-height: 300px; }{
Then i set the dropdown style class to this DropDown (I know I dont need to but I tried anyways). And it just didnt do anything.

Im using dark-cool theme if that is relevant.

Welcome to the forum. Please see Wiki - how to post code on this forum.

Someone else noted this and updated the solution for newer versions, i'll edit my post too

1 Like

Note that version 8.1.30 added maxMenuHeight and minMenuHeight properties to the dropdown component.

3 Likes