Error trying to import a full project over another?

I have two gateways, Dev and Beta, that have have the same project. I just made changes on the Dev gateway designer, and am trying to import everything into the Beta gateway.

I did an export all on the Dev, then tried to import on the Beta, and I am getting this error

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.ResourceNotFoundException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.DesignableProject.createOrModify(DesignableProject.java:141)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.import_export.ProjectImporter.lambda$doImport$1(ProjectImporter.java:284)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.import_export.ProjectImporter.doImport(ProjectImporter.java:284)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.gui.import_export.ProjectImporter.lambda$new$0(ProjectImporter.java:99)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.ResourceNotFoundException
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.DesignerProjectTreeImpl.modifyResource(DesignerProjectTreeImpl.java:177)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.project.DesignableProject.createOrModify(DesignableProject.java:139)
	... 39 more

Ignition v8.0.6 (b2019111216)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.4

I don’t know whats going wrong. I tried restarting the Beta designer a few times but that didn’t fix it. Tried rexporting and importing too but no avail. Any ideas?

This is probably a bug. Any chance you can try it on 8.0.12?

If not, can you open a ticket with support and provide the project export so they might be able to reproduce?

8.0.6 is pretty old…I think we’ve fixed a few issues with partial imports/overrides since then.

Is it easy to upgrade from 8.0.6 to 8.0.12? Can I just export the 8.0.6 gateway and import that to 8.0.12?

Take a .gwbk from your 8.0.6 system (to revert back to, if necessary) then run the 8.0.12 installer. That’s it.

1 Like

Update: I updated my Dev and Beta system to 8.0.12. I am still experiencing the error. I narrowed the culprit down to the Project Script Library, one script specifically in my projects, new_Business.HelpDesk. I can’t upload the project files here its too large but if someone can give me an email, I can send them and you hopefully recreate the issue. If that is unchecked, the import works fine.

Something might be in a weird state in 7.9; can you send a .gwbk from 7.9 in to support? They should be able to mock it up and file a ticket to fix it, and hopefully come up with a workaround.

Hi,

I am still facing this issue with same error ResourceNotFoundException in 8.0.15.
I can successfully import parent project. But when I import the child project I will give overwrite all , still I am getting this error. Not sure what causes this. So whenever i do import I rename the existing project and create new project with old project name and import goes successfully. Any solution to overcome this.

Edit:
Then Tried importing the all project resources except Named Quries It works fine, on importing Named Quries seperately i am getting the ResourceNotFoundException once again.

What happened with we mine was I had a script I named “helpdesk” but then renamed to “HelpDesk” and this was what was problematic, the only item that would cause the ResourceNotFoundException, everything else was importable/exportable. I just coped the script out of the script module to a notepad document, deleted the whole HelpDesk module, re-created it, pasted my script back in, and it was fixed. For me it was changing the name, but only by capitalizing a few letters.