“0x80070005; E_ACCESSDENIED

We have an issue with OPC DA connection. In one of our same site, in the new server, we are not able to get the OPC DA connection with Siemens WinCC. We are getting the error “0x80070005; E_ACCESSDENIED (Access is denied.)”. We checked the Dcom settings several times in Ignition server and the WinCC station. Also both the systems have same username and password with admin rights. Kindly help us resolve this issue as well. Even matrikon opc is connected we can get data but ignition OPC DA is not connected

Google says this is a permissions issue. Make sure that the user that owns the Ignition process has permission to access everything you need to access.

Yes I know that Kathy Applebaum but I don’t know the solution because we did dcom settings for both client as well as server

I’ve always found this to be a good guide when I get into the deep mire of OPC DA…

Maybe you’ve already done everything it covers, but just in case…

https://scadahacker.com/library/Documents/ICS_Protocols/OPC%20Training%20Inst%20-%20OPC-DCOM%20-%205%20Things%20You%20Need%20to%20Know.pdf

Good Luck!

1 Like