[13211] Ignition Edge Windows and Templates show as Folders

I’ve been working in Ignition Edge 8.0.4 on Linux Mint. Today I closed Ignition Designer with several windows open. When prompted I selected “Save and Exit”. When I opened the designer again, the windows that had been opened now show as a folder instead of a window or template!

How can I restore the windows and templates I’ve been working on?

I made a backup right after I closed the project and taking a look inside the backup I think I know why the objects are showing as folders. The file “resource.json” for each of the windows and templates that are affected is completely empty for some reason.

I’m not sure why the files were destroyed, but I will be enabling nightly automated backups and working off an Ignition running on my local computer instead of Ignition running off my remote computer to try and prevent it from happening again.

If anyone knows of a way to recover the lost data I’d be interested in hearing it!

Hi @abishur, Can you please get in touch with support if you haven’t already done so?

This issue was fixed in the 8.0.6 nightly build that was uploaded today (10/21).

1 Like