7.4 upgrade

Will there be an online training video or example project available soon?

7.4 includes "project templates", which are basic example projects. There is a slick new window that appears in the designer when you create a new project. It allows you to: name the project, set up default db and authentication profiles, etc. There is a project template dropdown that allows you to choose from a whole variety of neat skeleton projects with different navigation schemes.

7.5 will focus on revamping usability and ease of use features, plus thoroughly updating the manual.

As far as using user defined data types and templates, I would recommend starting with a 7.4 install to play with, check out the manual, and ask questions on the forum. I imagine the training classes will continue to be popular as they have been. That is the best way to learn from the best, get great experience, and bring your specific issues to the class.

The presentation video will do. It’s now available. Thanks

Good deal! For everyone else, the 7.4 Introductory webinar video is linked here.

During the 7.4 introductory video, at about the 10:00 mark, it is mentioned that Ignition 7.4 includes an update to the “Latest Python engine”.

What, specifically, is the version of Python that is used with Ignition 7.4 ?

I’m doing self-teaching with Python 2.7.2, and I want to be sure I get as close as possible to the Python I’ll be using inside Ignition.

[quote=“Kakkerlak”]During the 7.4 introductory video, at about the 10:00 mark, it is mentioned that Ignition 7.4 includes an update to the “Latest Python engine”.

What, specifically, is the version of Python that is used with Ignition 7.4 ?

I’m doing self-teaching with Python 2.7.2, and I want to be sure I get as close as possible to the Python I’ll be using inside Ignition.[/quote]

I’m not sure whether the webinar actually said “Latest Python” or “Latest Jython”, but 7.4 now uses Jython 2.5.2, which corresponds to Python 2.5.x.

Thanks, Kevin !