7.6.3 Update problems : Take-2

Server System: Debian Squeeze
Java :
java version “1.6.0_26”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

Client System : Linux Mint 14.1 and 15 (Two different installs)
Client Java (Mint 14.1):
java version “1.7.0_25”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.10.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Client Java (Mint 15):
java version “1.6.0_27”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.6) (6b27-1.12.6-1ubuntu0.13.04.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

After fixing the l4j library issues and getting a running gateway I now find that I am unable to start the Designer on either test machine I am running.
I am able to download the launcher and start it and actually log in. But after clicking “OK” on the login dialog, the process just dies with no explanation.

There is no added entries to the wrapper.log after the failure, nothing in the client syslog, just complete silence.

Again, I would appreciate any help.

I thought of running on the command line, the results are in the attached file.
The last line is
The Lm class is invalid, exiting …

Any Idea what that would indicate (other than an invalid Lm class :slight_smile:
anybody know how I can make it valid again?

Thanks.

Hmm.. After looking at the wrapper.log a little more I see this.

Should this worry me? I see the SQL Bridge module in the gateway configuration is activated and licensed.
Could these issues be the same problem?

Yikes. Something must have gone quite wrong during your upgrade.

What version did you upgrade from? I’d like to get the QA guys to see if they can reproduce this on Monday…

The Upgrade was from 7.5.0.
Thanks for the help. Although I am hoping to get at least the SQLTags fixed tonight as I need the server in the morning and it would be nice to have charting.

Should have known better. I say that every time.

OK I found the SQLTags problem. It was s imply the postgresql database. Not sure why it did not work and stayed that way through several reboots but after stopping and starting the postgres server and restarting the ignition server the error went away in the wrapper.log and history started showing up again in the charts.
I suppose it might be a startup order issue. Will have to look at that.

The Lm.class issue seems to be an issue with the jide library that Ignition uses. I found other references too it…
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jacoco/8GlCfnVzpNk
https://github.com/jacoco/eclemma/issues/40
But could not figure out how to deal with it.

Well I guess I was wrong.
The Postgres restart got rid of the warning message but not the problem. The historian is not sending data to the database.
It seems to be a license issue as I can “Reset the Trial” from the gateway interface and it will start logging.

[ModuleManager ] [08:32:56,157]: Trial time reset. Time remaining = 7200. Notify modules = true. [TagHistoryLicense ] [08:32:56,162]: SQLTags history storage is now enabled. [TagHistoryDatasourceSink ] [08:32:57,908]: SQLTags history tables verified successfully.
So I just have to keep hitting the reset button till monday when I can get somebody at IA?
Yuk. I guess I will keep looking until then.

Attached is a screen shot of the modules->Status area. This shows that the SQLBridge module is licensed.
It must be something weird that happened in the update?

[attachment=0]20130907_085008.png[/attachment]

If you go to the licensing page and either unactivate and then activate again, or just try the license update link, does that change anything?

Can you show me a screenshot of the other module details page (preferably with your CD key blurred out). Or, don’t blur it, but email it to support @ inductiveautomation.com

SOLVED:
I got an updated license from IA and that fixed the Tag History issue.
Thanks for all the help