7.6 Upgrade - Alert Transaction Groups Missing

I have 2 projects that were for Alerts on various PLC’s in the plant.

I had transaction groups setup for various areas of the plant. These were standard groups with OPC tags that had Alerting setup for each of the tags.

After upgrading from 7.5.7 to 7.6, all of these transactions are gone. The folders I had to organize the tags are still there, but every single transaction group and tag is missing.

Is there something I am missing here?

Here is one of the projects in V7.57 & in 7.6.0
Plant_Alarm_History (2013-05-11) V760.proj (535 KB)
Plant_Alarm_History (2013-05-11) V757.proj (535 KB)

This was a very unfortunate oversight on our part.

I believe Colby has fixed it already and will include it in the next 7.6.1 beta release, which should be on Monday.

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]This was a very unfortunate oversight on our part.

I believe Colby has fixed it already and will include it in the next 7.6.1 beta release, which should be on Monday.[/quote]

ugh… well, I can’t use the system like this so I’m going to have to downgrade back to 7.5.7…

Do I need to do a complete uninstall or can I just run the installer over the top of the 7.6 version?

I don’t think the installers go backwards.

Sorry for the trouble. Ignition 7.6 is a big release and a few embarrassing defects managed to slip through the cracks.

When this is fixed, will we be able to import or restore old backups? Or will we have to uninstall 7.6.0, reinstall 7.5.x, restore from backup. Then later install new 7.6.x updates addressing these issues?

It looks like a lot of the missing info is stored somewhere in the DB but not being linked or activated (in my high level thoughts). All might not be lost. I am still getting old alerts, even though the transactions are not showing in the groups.

[quote=“ecujak”]When this is fixed, will we be able to import or restore old backups? Or will we have to uninstall 7.6.0, reinstall 7.5.x, restore from backup. Then later install new 7.6.x updates addressing these issues?

It looks like a lot of the missing info is stored somewhere in the DB but not being linked or activated (in my high level thoughts). All might not be lost. I am still getting old alerts, even though the transactions are not showing in the groups.[/quote]

FYI, when I did the 7.6 upgrade and had the problems, I uninstalled 7.6, reinstalled 7.5.7, and restored the backup I made right before I did the upgrade. Everything was fine after that

OK, I installed 7.6.1 and everything I had a problem with seems to be resolved.

I am having a small problem with one group of alarm’s that I will post in another thread.