7.8.? Publishing

I’m having an issue with publishing in 7.8.
I test with staging and everything is fine [as best I can see]. I then pick publish selection and check the vision screens to publish but I get an error stating windows don’t exist when they actually does.
I’m saving before testing with staging and publishing.

See below for one of the error messages.

Any pointers as to what I’m doing wrong or another area to look in is appreciated.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<event:actionPerformed>", line 6, in <module>

ValueError: Window Head Wash/Head Wash 1 does not exist.

at org.python.core.Py.ValueError(Py.java:309)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.NavUtilities$5.run(NavUtilities.java:449)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.WindowUtilities.doGUIAction(WindowUtilities.java:707)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.NavUtilities.openWindowImpl(NavUtilities.java:375)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.NavUtilities.openWindow(NavUtilities.java:364)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.__call__(PyReflectedFunction.java:186)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager$ReflectedInstanceFunction.__call__(ScriptManager.java:428)

at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:387)

at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:391)

at org.python.pycode._pyx2.f$0(<event:actionPerformed>:7)

at org.python.pycode._pyx2.call_function(<event:actionPerformed>)

at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:165)

at org.python.core.PyCode.call(PyCode.java:18)

at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Py.java:1275)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.runCode(ScriptManager.java:624)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.runCode(ScriptManager.java:583)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.action.ActionAdapter.runActions(ActionAdapter.java:170)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.action.ActionAdapter.invoke(ActionAdapter.java:265)

at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.action.RelayInvocationHandler.invoke(RelayInvocationHandler.java:55)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy18.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Ignition v7.8.0 (b2015101414)

Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_241

I’m shocked you’re able to run 7.8.0 on a recent java 8. I’d recommend upgrading at least to the last v7.8–v7.8.5. v7.8 is not an LTS, and has long been unsupported by IA.

I’m new to this company and really can’t make changes right now. I did double check and it is 7.8.0.

Could this be a java compatibility issue and if so, could I work around it by downgrading my java?

Thanks

Possible.

Before that, I’d take the event script that is giving you trouble and comparing the text of the window name to a script on a dummy button where the script action is auto-generated by the event editor.

Top one is the original and lower is a test button. Both appear to be the same.

# This script was generated automatically by the navigation
# script builder. You may modify this script, but if you do,
# you will not be able to use the navigation builder to update
# this script without overwriting your changes.

window = system.nav.openWindow('Head Wash/Head Wash 1')
system.nav.centerWindow(window)
## This script was generated automatically by the navigation
# script builder. You may modify this script, but if you do,
# you will not be able to use the navigation builder to update
# this script without overwriting your changes.

window = system.nav.openWindow('Head Wash/Head Wash 1')
system.nav.centerWindow(window)

Phil’s right, there’s every possibility there’s just some underlying bug with Ignition. Going to 7.8.5 is guaranteed free and should only take ~5 minutes of downtime while the upgrade runs and the service restarts. There’s not really much point in troubleshooting further if it’s a bug in the software.