7.9.10 Gateway will randomly restart?

Every 10 days or so, not always BUT the same timeframe(7:00 PM) my gateway will shut down and restart. I can’t figure out why.

I have sent log file to Ignition and they have never come up with a answer.

The computer is on a UPS and I have checked it’s setting for maybe an automatic update or something like that but can’t see anything that the computer is being restarted.

This does not seem to cause any major problems except my trend data has a blank in my trend graph at the 7pm mark.

If I look at all of my “Transaction Groups” that store data on a “Every 30 minute” time frame the row with the 7pm timestamp will have NaN in the field for every value.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Please clarify: Is the entire computer restarting? Or just the Ignition service?

Do you log memory usage by the Gateway service? If so, does it look like a memory leak is crashing your service?

It is just the Ignition Service that Stops and Restarts.

I have the log files from ignition, do I have to do something else to LOG MEMORY USAGE?

I don’t know how to tell if a memory leak is causing this problem!

I would be happy to study this if you can point me in the right direction.

Is there anything relevant in your wrapper log?

Yes. There's a system tag that you'll want to enable history for.

Ignition support has never been able to see anything. I have sent to them more than once.

can you tell me the tag that i need to do this with?

Hi Dave,

Don’t have any 7.9 installs left, but IIRC, the performance tags are in a similar place.

1 Like

What modules are installed?

Sql Bridge, the cirrus link MQTT Modules, reporting module