8.0.8 Perspective Auditing

Hi,

I am testing the new auditing capabilities of Perspective and noticed that only tag writes via bi-directional bindings are send to the audit table. Any system.tag.write actions are not recorded. Many of our tag writes occur in scripts, such as a message handler after confirmation.

Please see the attached test view and tags. Project has an audit profile associated.

Test Audit.json (618 Bytes)
TestAudit_2020-02-14_1119.zip (4.5 KB)

Is this a bug or functionality still coming?

Also, it would be great if the audit record could somehow capture what the previous value was, to facilitate rollback of inadvertent changes. E.g. if a parameter was changed from 0.5 to 0.4, the ACTION_VALUE column currently captures 0.4. Ideally it could show 0.4 (from 0.5)

Regards,
Deon

Is this a bug or known limitation?

It’s a known limitation, on the list to be fixed. Currently gateway-scoped scripting functions (including everything Perspective does) basically don’t audit.

As for the ‘previous value’ - that’s also something we’re hoping to capture in the future, but there’s a non-trivial technical effort in the implementation.

1 Like

When will gateway-scoped scripting be added to Audit system? may be 8.0.11?

‘Gateway scoped scripting’ is pretty broad - I assume you mean tag writes? Or DB updates?

In general - no, probably not 8.0.11. But at least tag writes and DB updates will likely happen within the next few releases. Auditing every gateway scoped scripting function is just not in scope.

Yes I just want perspective tag write with binding and of course scripting.
What I’m curious about is writing to parameters of udt also consider tag writing and log to audit log?