Accessing individual bits on ControlLogix

Hello,

I have seen the previous threads, however, I was unable to grasp what was being discussed. I am trying to access a Bool[32] and would also like to access a DINT. I am trying to figure out how I can get it to display all the bits, otherwise, I am thinking I am going to have to make individual tags for every bit ? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Arrays of booleans in ControlLogix are not exposed as booleans to the outside world. Instead, the Logix processor shows an array of 32-bit words. The bits within the words are the booleans. You cannot directly address them as an array, and when more than 32, they will be split among multiple 32-bit words.

In Ignition, manually address the individual bits within the DWORDs corresponding to the array subscripts within the processor.

Also, it doesn't hurt to make separate tags for both the 32-bit word and the individual bits. The driver will efficiently consolidate the reads and writes appropriately.

Could you speak on what the purpose is for using bool[32], or what are you trying to do.