Active Directory Auth

Very glad you included AD auth! Thanks.

I was trying to setup a AD/internal source. It is working and I can do a test connection, however how do I manage roles? I cannot seem to see a user list anywhere.

This was an oversight on our part - there should be a “manager users” link to the right of that profile. It has been corrected and will be fixed in the next release, which should be out later today.

Thanks, I will try it out. Is there any plans to allow for updates within Ignition, or at least an update notification? It can get tiring to go to the website to check and re-install the whole package.

Thank for a great product.

There are absolutely plans to include automatic update notification :slight_smile:

[quote=“ryanjmclaughlin”]Thanks, I will try it out. Is there any plans to allow for updates within Ignition, or at least an update notification? It can get tiring to go to the website to check and re-install the whole package.

Thank for a great product.[/quote]

I was actually looking for the answer to this question earlier today. Basically, when a new build is released, you have to re-download and re-install the entire thing, correct? Will the ‘upgrade’ link in the gateway control utility be the method to update to the latest build once implemented?

Not exactly sure how it will look. - for modules it can be right in the gateway web interface.

That “Upgrade” link has to do with another concept of managing your “contexts” that is a feature we haven’t been playing up too much because we haven’t made it user-friendly yet. You can have multiple Ignition Gateways, called contexts, running side-by-side within the same webserver, all running independent versions. That upgrade link is to upgrade a context to a different version, where the versions are pulled from the install’s “versions” directory, which should be full of *.gpkg files.

This should be made clearer in the coming months as we make this ideas more user friendly.