ActiveX Module causes logs to be generated on desktop

The ActiveX Module has some setting in its modl file that causes logs to be written.

If you copy JNLP files to your desktop connect to a server with ActiveX module installed (does not have to be used) then jniwrap.log files will start accumulating on the desktop. These are not particularly useful to me and might be better located in the temp directory if they are necessary.

I’ve seen this in 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and mentioned that previously here.

I remember looking into this before… I’m not sure there is an easy way for us to turn these off (I believe the problem lies in a separate library that we depend on for native access). You don’t normally see them when launching off the gateway because in that case the JNLP is residing in a temp dir, but as you noticed- if you save it to the desktop, the log gets put there.

I’ll have to email that other company and see what they think.

Regards,

Hi,

Sorry to pull this one up, but we have the same problem here. I confirm that the log file is created where you put the shortlink to launch client or designer.

Is there a solution ?

Personally I haven’t seen this @gnguyen, or looked into it either for that matter :slight_smile: but when you mention [quote]I confirm that the log file is created where you put the shortlink to launch client or designer.
[/quote] I assume you are using a windows PC? Have you tried altering the shortcut property “Start in” to C:\Temp or some temp directory somewhere?