Add role to gateway login to view configuration / debug info

I am grappling with developing a change management process that will satisfy my companies ITGC policy and our SOX and internal compliance departments as we roll out Ignition within our company. In particular, there is a requirment for Segregation Of Duties (SOD) that means I can develop and fix in a dev/UAT environment but cannot do anything on the production box. Issue is that IT will not be supporting the production box if there is an issue.

So in order to satisfy my need to support and troubleshoot issues on the Production box and meet the ITGC’s, it would be beneficial if the gateway had a user role/login that would let me view configuration pages, console, debug and diagnostic information but not be able to make any changes. This way, I can troubleshoot, backup the project, import to the test server, fix the issue and throw the updated project over the fence to IT who would install the fix on the produciton server.

[quote=“jasoncoope”]Issue is that IT will not be supporting the production box if there is an issue.
[/quote]

That really annoys me. “It’s production so only IT can touch it” but “We’re don’t have the knowledge to fix it so we won’t support it”.

Makes you want to smack them really hard until they start talking sense again.

Is your IT outsourced?