Addition table for product additions

I am trying to determine the best way to create an addition table in ignition. i would like to input a total product weight, then have the operator enter the gross and back weight allowing the table to calculate the net weight and running total then subtract the running total from the desired weight to show remaining. Should i use a data set tag which is cleared on a button push for each product and a table to enter the amounts or should i treat this as a database form entry and run my calculations in a query.

I’d like to be able to answer this, but I’m not clear on what your process is to give a good recommendation.

If all of this is manual entry, I’d say to go with a db table for the entire thing. If there is any process monitoring going on, then there would be a mixed bag of things to recommend. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response, that is what i did this weekend. Everything is working perfectly except the coalesce (sum) that i am trying to attach to a tag for the total and removing an entry from the table and database. but i’m working through it.