Alarm Cache Update

I have a UDT with a parameter "ID". In the UDT, I have several pre-defined alarms that use {ID} in the alarm name for displaying in the Alarm Journal. When I create multiple tags of this type UDT, I simply define the value of "ID" for each tag to assign that part to the alarm that displays in the Journal.

I have found that after assigning this ID and an alarm is generated, that if I change the ID to some new text, the old ID continues to show. Not a duplicate, but only the old ID. Even if I:

Turn the alarm off and then back on
Update the project (Save) and update the client
restart the client
modify the UDT in order to "force" an internal change, save project
modify the tag in order to "force" an internal change, save project

None of these seem to update the alarm. The only way I've been able to refresh the ID text in an alarm is to restart the Gateway, which is fine during development testing, but cannot be done once on a global scale where the Gateway is servicing multiple projects and clients.

Is there a way to force an update to the Alarm Cache? I've read several posts about deleting the alarm cache and restarting the gateway for duplicate alarm instances, but nothing addressing this.

Edit: Vision 8.1.38

Could possibly be related to this fix in v8.1.41, so I would say update and see if this fixes it:

Fixed an issue where alarm events weren't updating their DisplayPath and DisplayPathOrSource properties when an alarm initializes or is re-enabled into a clear state.

2 Likes