Alarm Display Path expression missing Alarm Properties

Hi,

Ignition 7.9.5

I’ve been setting the expression for the display path of alarms for tags within UDTs just fine using Alarm Properties (E.g. {PathToParentFolder}, {TagName}, etc.), however i’m trying to do the same thing for tags outside of UDTs just created manually within the Tags folder structure, but these properties don’t seem to exist…

When I click on the ‘{ }’ button within the Alarm Display Path Expression binding, nothing shows up in a drop down list. When I use the same expression that works for tags within a UDT and the alarm is triggered, the alarm properties don’t substitute and I end up with an alarm display path of: {PathToParentFolder} {TagName}

The expression I’m using for both UDTs and non-UDT alarm expressions is:
replace(replace(replace('{PathToParentFolder}', '/', ' '),'Berri ', ''), 'Alarms', '') + ' {TagName}'

Is this a bug in this version? Does anyone know if this is fixed in 7.9.6?

Cheers,
Nick

TTBOMK, those properties have never existed outside of UDTs, as they are computed when a tag is instantiated from a UDT, not when the alarm occurs. You need to submit a feature request, not a bug report.

I just tried that and…

If that’s what you meant…
EDIT: I’m using 7.9.6…

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant. It looks like it’s working in the new version. When I click on that { } button it doesn’t do anything in 7.9.5!

Cheers, I’ll see if we can upgrade our customer’s gateway version.