Alarm Events Alarm Acknowledged not triggered for Auto Ack Alarm

Using Ignition , perspective 8.3.9
Split Gateways front end and backend.

I have UDT with an alarm defined on one of its members,
I have set the alarm ack mode to Auto , and have a script on Alarm Acknowledged Event to send the reset back to the PLC.
However it looks like that Alarm Acknowledged Event is never triggered .
My understanding was that when an alarm gets acknowledged , manually or automatically , the Alarm Acknowledge script should be triggered regardless.
Is this working as designed or is this kind of a bug?
( I even tested to just do a log print in the Alarm Acknowledged script but it never got triggered)
( If I move the code to the end of the Alarm Active Event , the reset is sent to the PLC)

I think there's understandable confusion here, I'll bring this up as a discussion point internally. At the very least I think we could call this out in the docs.

To answer your question: if you move your script to the Alarm Cleared Alarm Event script, it will function as you're expecting.

Essentially, what happens internally is the alarm is being Acknowledged as a part of the Clear transition. Meaning when the alarm is no longer active and a Clear event is generated, the auto ack mode is automatically acknowledging that alarm and is included on the Clear event. But, as you ran into, no separate acknowledge event is generated.