Alarm is working, but not triggering alarm pipeline

I’m really hoping someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong here. I’ve set up an alarm on a temperature tag. When the alarm goes active, it shows up on the alarm status table with a fat red line. I can select it and acknowledge it. So I know the alarm is working. The problem is, it isn’t triggering the alarm pipeline to send an email. I’m using the same pipeline for another tag and it works fine. I can also send a false alarm via the gateway through that pipeline.

This is my first time setting up an alarm on a process parameter. I have an alarm set up on a SQL tag to send an email if it goes null (signifying the SQL server isn’t responding). So yes, I’m relatively new to this, but still, I’ve troubleshot and eliminated everything that seems reasonable. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

Just spoke with Greg on the phone. I was trying to trigger the alarm by enabling and disabling it. Apparently it doesn’t work that way. The alarm shows up in the alarm window, but it doesn’t trigger the pipeline.

Problem solved.

2 Likes

I’m trying to do the same thing as SonicClang - triggering an alarm and getting it into a pipeline by enabling it. I understand from this post that it does not work that way, but the solution to the problem isn’t given.

Basically I only want to enable an alarm at certain times of the day. If the alarm is active when it is enabled, I need that alarm to trigger the pipeline too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have found that this can be bypassed by giving the alarm a small active deadband. 1 second is long enough to reset the alarm status, and hopefully short enough to not do much else

1 Like

I was facing the same problem. Dicovered that the delay time needs to be greater then Scan Class time

For this scenario i am also having same issue, Active delay is also given about (65 seconds) still - It is not triggering my alarm notification pipeline. is there any steps/procedure it could be better to solve this problem.